LOGIN

2011-03-15

A TRUNK FULL OF WOOD. wood types










"Antique wood types in the 1950s… These woodblock letters and fonts were commonly used in the mid- to late-19th century for advertisements, posters and handbills. Darker and larger than more delicate metal typefaces, they are familiar today as the bold lettering on vintage western wanted posters. Yet many classic wood type variations were intricately ornamental, used to grab the attention of passers-by in an increasingly cluttered advertising environment." (the best description ive found for my massive collection).

I use them all the time, here are a few shots of some recent projects.
Pinecone Camp said...

I love your collection! My husband does a fair bit of woodblock printing. Love how it looks. I love how it looks laid out on the blanket. So flipping cute. ;)

Tereasa Surratt said...

i am fully addicted to these things, use them for EVERYTHING :)

Post a Comment